You're exceptional? We're hiring! Join the TechCongress team!
We are looking for a collaborative problem-solver to join us as a Program Manager to help us grow our organization! This is an exciting role at the intersection of tech, policy and politics focused on bridging the government and technology sectors.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Apply below or on our application site: https://techcongress.forms.fm/techcongress-program-manager
As the TechCongress Program Manager you will:
- Have primary responsibility for supporting the Congressional Innovation Fellows and their activities in Congress, including organizing events and meetings.
- Lead our DC relationships by conducting interviews with Congressional staff and others to help improve the program.
- Contribute to all of our communications platforms, including the TechCongress blog, newsletter, social media and contribute as desired to New America communication platforms.
- Support all activities of TechCongress, including our recruitment, selections, ongoing programming, fundraising and administrative needs.
- Help us continue to build the core fellowship and test new models and ideas for growth, including training programs for Congressional staff.
- Participate in TechCongress training or development programs (including accelerator programs), and travel occasionally to San Francisco.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Three - five years experience working on or with Capitol Hill or an Executive Branch technology team (including OSTP, the US Digital Service, 18F, the Technology Transformation Service or Presidential Innovation Fellows).
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds with unique skillsets.
- A willingness to try new things, and not be afraid of failure, and bring a creative and entrepreneurial energy to the job.
- A great communicator with strong interpersonal, writing and editing skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Committed to modernizing our legislative branch by helping Members of Congress and Congressional staff.
- Knowledge of technology policy issues.
- Technical ability or familiarity with technology not required but a big plus.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Meet regularly with the 2017 fellows and staff in Congress.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Manage our outreach in Washington DC, meeting with think tanks, tech companies, academics, agency officials and prospective fellows.
- Convene at least one big event for our 2017 fellows.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Help select our 2018 class of Congressional Innovation Fellows!
- Lead the day-to-day work of fellowship activities in DC.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Help us launch an entirely new initiative- that you helped conceive and build from the ground up.
Salary between $70,000 and $80,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
Questions? You can contact us by sending a note to travis [at] techcongress [dot] io.
Submit a resume, one-page cover letter, two (2) references, and a non-academic writing sample no longer than three pages (good options include a blog post, press release, issue brief, essay, etc.). No phone calls.
We have great staff and advisors doing all we can to bridge the gap between government and the technology community. TechCongress is nonpartisan, works with a diverse set of political voices, and does not take positions on issues. Above all, we are vigilantly focused on adding value—to our people, our institutions and our society.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
TechCongress/New America is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and work to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and achieve outstanding results. If you meet the qualifications, you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspect of one's employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.